Monday, August 11, 2014

Catching up

I don't know why I don't write in my blog more often.  I have so many things to say, thoughts that come to my mind at the oddest times.  Times when I am not near a computer or have my tablet with me.

The last blog I wrote was when we have found out that Don needed to have open hear surgery.  Well that has been done (January 8th, 2014) and he is all recovered and doing really great.  He did have a cute pre-surgery visitor tho.



We have the best daughter.  Caroline and Alaina spent the first few nights in the hospital with him.  What a relief that was for me and him.







Thinking of some of the things that happened
during and after the surgery, brings to mind some funny happenings too.

One of the things that they bragged about to us before the surgery was that "he will walk from the ICU to his regular room".

 So the morning he was to leave the ICU, I was there waiting for the rehab people to come to get him.  While waiting, he got some pretty bad pain and they gave him some "meds".  Well about a 1/2 hour after, here they come to get him.  Well it was so funny, because they were absolutely positive that he needed to walk to his room.  Walk.....he didn't even know where his feet were, he was so loopy.  But onward they marched trying to get him to walk.  I got to laughing to hard that they were giving me evil looks. Finally, they gave up and off he went in a wheelchair.  I don't think those guys from rehab ever forgave me.


This was his walk from the ICU.  Just sayin'.

He was tough and did recuperate really quickly.  All the doctors said he had an "amazing" recovery.   Glad that is over.  He was blessed the whole time.


And here he is after 36 sessions of rehab.  He did spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment